How long does side effect of frequent urination last due to adderall?

I have recently been prescribed Adderall and have noticed a huge increase in urination. I pee at least once an hour, if not more. I have also been drinking more water due to cotton mouth when I take the Adderall, but I feel as though this does not make up for how frequently I am urinating. It is not painful, although that area does seem to itch slightly. I have read that frequent urination is a side effect of Adderall, but I was wondering if it can be serious, and if it would stop after awhile.
Thu, 1 Jul 2021

It is not serious, but is directly related to your increased water intake. If you were urinating more water than you drink, you would quickly become dehydrated, so what is happening is that you are 'breaking even'. This effect should lessen over time.

Take care. Hope I have answered your question. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Dr. Gerald Lee, Internal Medicine Specialist