Owl Image

Are persistent frequent urination and lower abdominal pain suggestive of bladder cancer?

Owl Image
Dr. Deepak Sundriyal

Oncologist

Question
I'm freaking myself out that I have bladder cancer! I've had frequent urination for about two months. Now I'm having dull pains and cramps on my sides and lower abdominal
Wed, 16 May 2018 in Cancer

Answered by Dr. Deepak Sundriyal 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Hello. It can be due to urine infection.

Detailed Answer:
Hello dear. I have gone through the details. So the symptoms you described are likely XXXXXXX to urinary infection or colon infection. Bladder cancer is very very unlikely to produce such symptoms. Get a urine routine test and ultrasound of abdomen done to rule out infection or tumor. Nothing to worry.
Thanks and regards
Feel free to ask further

Follow-up: Are persistent frequent urination and lower abdominal pain suggestive of bladder cancer? 1 hour later
Well, that makes me feel little better, but I just saw the Urologist last week and they did a urine sample test, all negative. I actually had a abdominal Ct scan and abdominal ultra sound about 7 months ago and everything was negative. So what are your thoughts?

Answered by Dr. Deepak Sundriyal 5 hours later
Brief Answer:
Hello. Yes, i dont think its tumor

Detailed Answer:
Hello dear. I also dont think it is tumor. It can be urinary infection sometimes diabetes also. Get yourself evaluated for them by urine test and blood glucose tests.
Thanks and regards