What causes fever, chills, fatigue and cluster of lesions on skin?

Dr. Muhammad Hanif

Posted on Wed, 21 Oct 2015 in General Health
Question: My sister's friend is experiencing flu-like symptoms (fever, chills, clammy/sweaty skin, fatigue) and he's getting cyst like clusters near his hip, on his thigh, and on his forehead (he says they're hard, like they're filled with calcium instead of fluid). What could this be? Is there anything we can do until he is able to seek professional help?
Answered by Dr. Muhammad Hanif 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Yes of course you may start with the over ther counter remedies.

Detailed Answer:
Dr. Hanif warmly Welcomes you!

Thanks for consulting at my virtual clinic. I have carefully worked through your case, and I can realize your sister's friend's health worries. Being your physician, I assure you not to worry as I will take care all of his medical concerns.

It seems to be due to skin allergy (May be some food allergy, pollen, cologne, animal dander etc) and the may have been suffering from concomitant cold too. It may be viral and needs prompt treatment. I will try only the over the counter medications form him.

Apply Corticosteroid ointment on the clusters of lesions on skin. It will respond well to it.

Give him Nurofen 4 times a day for relieving the symptoms.
Give him a multivitamin with zinc in it daily.

Keep the temperature under check and he will be fine soon. Ask him to take plenty if water and proper rest. Such cases take 5-7 days to get better, and are self limiting usually.

Keep an eye on if:
He has any genitourinary, gastrointestinal or other symptoms like painful or frequent urination, constipation, diarrhea, vomiting, nausea etc.

Hope I answered all of your health concerns . If you have further questions, feel free to contact me anytime. Always write my name in start of your question in future, and I will get back to you in no time. If satisfied, please give your generous 'five Star rating' and don't forget to 'Close the discussion'.

Have a wonderful time ahead.

Best Regards!
DR. HANIF
USA

Click the link to open my profile. Click 'Ask Me a Question' anytime for super fast expert medical help!!!
https://www.healthcaremagic.com/doctors/dr-muhammad-hanif/70199

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T