What causes elevated WBC count after having unprotected oral sex?
It means presence of infection, not necessarily STDs
Welcome to HCM.
This is Dr. Swarnava Dattagupta answering your query.
I understand your concern.
High wbc count in blood is indicative of some infection in body, it can be both acute and chronic. Having unprotected oral sex can lead to STDs but if you have undergone the specific tests like VDRL or urine or blood tests you should not worry. Rather you should think about whether you have any other symptoms of any other infective focus that might be present in your body like sore throat, burning urination, fever, any abscess etc. You can do an antibiotic course for the possible infection by consulting with your doctor.
Hope this was useful.
Consult me for any other queries.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Had unprotected oral sex will it affect my child
- Have white patches on tounge after having unprotected oral sex
- Engaged in unprotected oral sex risk of chalymadiagonorheasyphilous and cmv
- Can biting during unprotected oral sex cause any problems
- Had unprotected oral sex concerned of contracting hpv
- Can hiv be transmitted through unprotected oral sex
- Can unprotected oral sex lead to hiv
- Causes of elevated wbc count
- Had unprotected oral sex is there a risk of pregnancy
- Can unprotected oral sex cause penis irritation