Increasing WBC count, concluded hyper eosinophilic syndrome, advised hydroxyl urea+. How to overcome side effects ?

Dear Sir, I need to consult a kind of problem related to white blood cells( WBC ) in blood.... this problem is related to my sister who is 31 years old...from last 3 months her WBCs are increasing in number....we had cunsulted with many doctors and done with her proper diagonosis also...report of every test was normal...after dat doctor suggested to go for the bone marrow test...after the bone marrow test doctors concluded dat due to a kind of hyper eosinophilic syndrome her eosinophils are increasing and that causing the increasing number of WBCs also...doctors told us dat this problem can t bu cured permanently...this can be controlled only by medecines....but a kind of medecine called hydroxyl urea 500mg (prescribed by the doctor) giving lot of side effects to her body...due to this problem and such a high dose, her body is getting weak day by day and suffering from other side effects also...i jst want to know is there any permanent, specific and a proper treatment to this disease is available or not..???? pllzzz help me sir...
Mon, 20 May 2013
Pathologist and Microbiologist 's  Response
Hello
welcome to health care magic
Regarding hyper eosinophilic syndrome,it is a myeloproliferative disorder..
In the treatment 1st line of treatment is corticosteriods like predinsolone..
Hydroxyl urea is the 2nd line of treatment..
If you have more side effects,then another drug is there interferon therapy like imitinib

Consult hematologist and try this medicine..
hope you understand my suggestion
thank you
Dr.siddartha