Is WBC count of 10 a cause for concern?

Question
Hi there, I had a CBC done at the emergency room about six months ago for stomach pain which they concluded was a possible ulcer or IBS. Since then the pain has went away for the most part. I had to request my medical records for insurance purposes today and took a quick look at the labs and my HGB was .6 high, HCT was .3 high, MPV was .2 high, and EOS was 7%.

My WBC count was 10 (10.5 is the upper range). Does this cause any concern? The ER doctor said everything came back fine. Now, a doctor that looked at my blood work is saying it's PV (polycythemia vera) but I don't see that I fit that criteria according to the WHO. Can you shed some light on this?
Wed, 9 May 2018 in Blood Disorders

Answered by Dr. Salah Saad Shoman 58 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Could also be due to dehydration

Detailed Answer:
Dear Ma'am, I have gone through your question and I understand your concerns,
I've reviewed the report,

However your test results are only mildly elevated above the normal ranges .. This mild hemoconcentration could only be due to dehydration... I would recommend that you keep yourself adequately hydrated with at least eight cups of water daily to get these results slightly down and repeat the test after a month...

If after a month of adequate hydration, the results were not brought down then you should consider the possibility of polycythemia Vera which is an overproduction of RBCs. This can be easily treated by regular blood donation or phlebotomy which is a withdrawal of 200 cc blood from a superficial vein...

I hope you find this helpful. Feel free to ask further.