What causes dull pain in lower left hip?
I am a member and my Transaction Reference No is HCM114045. I want to understand why I still feel the same dull pain in my lower left hip well just above the hip like I usually have when I am either ovulating or about or during my menstruation after my menstruation. Its Now it is 2 days after my menstruation and I am feeling it now.
Can be due to ovarian pathology or urinary infection.
Thanks for trusting us with your health concern.
The dull pain on the lower left side like that of ovulation or menstruation can be due to a urinary infection, an ovarian pathology or an intestinal infection.
This can be diagnosed after a proper examination and investigations like ultrasound scan and a routine urine test. You can increase your fluid intake and take a mild antispasmodic drug available over the counter for relief.
Doing a hot compress in the area can also help.
Please feel free to discuss further. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Wishing you good health.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.
For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Rakhi-Tayal
Can be urine infection.
Thanks for writing again.
Even after the treatment of pyelonephritis, there can be mild persistent infection causing the pain. It is better to get urine culture sensitivity done to confirm this.
Hope my answer is helpful.
Do accept my answer in case there are no further queries.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What could cause a pain in right hip
- What causes hip pain on standing
- What causes pain and stiffness in hip
- What causes chronic lower back pain radiating towards the hip
- What causes constant lower abdominal pain by hip
- What is the cause of painful lump on hip
- What is causing tender back pain and soreness in hip
- Developed pain in hip what could be causing this
- What causes sharp pain in lower gut and hips
- What causes pain in lower hip