What causes delayed periods?
NO PREGNANCY DUE TO NEGATIVE TEST.
Thanks for writing to us. Followings are my comments:
1) NEGATIVE home pregnancy test and blood test for beta-hCG (less than 1) EXCLUDE pregnancy completely.
2) Late period may be due to hormonal imbalance, mental stress, emotional upset, irregular diet habit, high prolactin level, over weight or extreme loss, pelvic infection etc.
You may require one pelvic ultrasound scan and complete hormone test to rule out the underlying cause & confirm the diagnosis in absence of period. You must consult with your local GYNECOLOGIST regarding this.
3) You should wait at least 1 week to get period naturally. If you don't get it, then progesterone pill Like Norethisterone can be given to induce period. Kindly, procure a complete prescription from your doctor.
4) In addition, you would take healthy diet (LOW CARBOHYDRATE) with more green vegetables, drink more water, keep bowel habit regular, avoid mental stress by meditation or yoga, control body weight by regular physical exercise and maintain genital hygiene properly.
Hope, it helps for your information. Kindly, close the discussion if you don't have any other query.
Wish your good health and take care yourself.
For future query, you can directly approach me through
PREMENSTRUAL SYNDROME CAN CAUSE ABOVE FEATURES.
Thanks for follow up queries.
1) Serum beta-hCG starts to rise 10 days after conception. At this stage (2 days missed period), beta-hCG level will be high enough and NOT less than 1.
2) If your previous cycle was IRREGULAR, then you can repeat blood test for beta-hCG after ONE week to clear doubt regarding pregnancy.
3) Normal beta-hCG level of Non-Pregnant women is 0-5 mIU/ml. An hCG level of less than 5mIU/ml is considered NEGATIVE for pregnancy and above 25mIU/ml is considered POSITIVE for pregnancy.
4) Premenstrual Syndrome may be associated with above said features in the absence of pregnancy. You must wait at least ONE week to get period naturally.
Hope, it helps for you. Kindly, close the discussion.
All the best and good luck.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes delayed periods after iud removal
- What is the cause of delay in period
- What causes delay in periods with cramping
- What causes delayed periods with spotting
- What is the cause of delayed periods post delivery
- What causes delayed period with sore breasts and constipation
- What could cause delay in periods
- What is the cause of illness and delaying period
- What is the cause for experiencing delay in periods
- What is the cause and treatment for delayed periods