Is pregnancy possible through unprotected sex on 10th day of menstrual cycle?

Dr. Richa Agarwal

OBGYN

Posted on Fri, 27 Apr 2018 in Pregnancy
Question: Hi doctor hope u well. Just a question of curiosity me and my hhsband had intercourse on sunday my cycle normally is 25 days was 28 days but last cycle was 34 days. We had intercourse on sunday. And inwas geting striny discharge. Getting pelvic pains from ydy coming and going. Is there a chance of pregnancy if the last time we had intercourse was sunday? I heard sperm can live upto 5 days
Answered by Dr. Richa Agarwal 22 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Need more information.

Detailed Answer:
Hello dear,
Thanks for trusting hcm about your health care.
I have gone through your history and understand your concerns.
Before giving my opinion about it,I want to know about your last period date and expected period date?
Have you done unprotected sex?
Which day of period cycle you have done sexual intercourse?
Hope to hear from you soon.
Good luck.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Nagamani Ng
Follow up: Dr. Richa Agarwal 4 hours later
Hi my last period was on the friday the 17th of november resulting 4-5 days of period tuesday the 21st of november my periods finished. And since then we have had unprotected intercourse. The last day we had intercourse was on sunday 26 november. Well usually my cycle is 24-25 day last cycle was 34 days. My expected period according to 24 day cycle is on 10 december.
After my period finiahed few days after i had alot of dischage that was slimy and gradually become more slimy and stringy on the fingers. Currently theres not much discharge.' And i had a baby 7 months ago. Im just confused coz last cycle was 34 day cycle so yeah. Yesterday and today i had mild pelvic pains coming and going

Just saw now I have quite a lot of slimy discharge again that is stringy. We stopped using contraceptive as we want to try for our second baby inshaaaallah. Whenever god wills. If I last had intercourse on Sunday is there chance for pregnancy?i also have underactive thyroid I am taking euthyrox 50
Answered by Dr. Richa Agarwal 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Yes,there is a chance of pregnancy.

Detailed Answer:
Hello dear,
As you had unprotected sex on your 10th day of your menstrual cycle, the chances of pregnancy are there in your case.
This slimy discharge and abdominal pain could be due to pelvic infection also.
If odor is not there,it could be due to hormonal changes during cycle.
You can just wait and watch for your menses.
Hope found useful.
Good luck.
Follow up: Dr. Richa Agarwal 46 minutes later
Just for curiosity how many days can sperm live ?
Answered by Dr. Richa Agarwal 5 hours later
Brief Answer:
In vagina 5-7 days.

Detailed Answer:
Hello dear,
Sperm can alive inside the vagina for 5-7 days.
Hope found useful.
Good luck.