What causes an episode of chills, dizziness and focusing issues?
You might be having a viral infection- symptomatic treatment recommended
Thanks for asking at HCM.
I carefully read your question and understand your concern.
Similar symptoms with chills, dizziness and sneezes can be caused by viral infections. Allergy might cause some sneezes also and while having a viral infection we react more the external factors and sneeze more.
Because this is the first time you are having these symptoms and they did not last long, very likely the symptoms you are having are not related to any serious condition especially if you did not have any loss of consciousness, chest pain, heart pounding or leg swelling or tenderness, etc.
It is good you do not smoke. This reduces risk for many health issues.
What I would advise you is:
1. If sneezing, chills and dizziness go on than you will need to take some tylolhot tablets (with paracetamol-pseudoephedrine-benadryl) to feel a bit better.
2. Make sure you rest and drink plenty- this does not mean bed rest but try to avoid heavy activities the comming 3-4 days.
3. Make sure you take good amount of food during the day. If you do not feel like eating, make sure you eat frequent small amounts during the day.
If you feel chills again, make sure you check your temperature, chills might be a sign of fever.
4. If you are having fever than it is obvious you are having an infection that by what you explain is very likely is viral or the so called common cold.
5. If you have some sore throat, runny nose, body pains,cough, than these are symptoms of a common cold also. Not all of them always happen but when they do it is clear you are having a common cold.
6. If you have any of the extra symptoms like chest tightness or pain, heart pounding, shortness of breath or your legs are swollen or tender you will need to have a check to rule out some more rare heart and lung conditions but important if you are feeling those symptoms.
I hope this answers to your question and will be a help to you.
Please let me know if you still have more questions or concerns related to this.
If the answer gives you a good understanding and answers to your questions than please close and rate the answer.
Dr Antoneta Zotaj
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What is the cause for severe chills
- What causes sudden chills
- What causes chills after drinks
- What is the cause of chills with weakness and vomiting
- What is the cause for chills only in the evenings
- What causes chills and hot flashes
- What causes chills in the head
- Can stomach issues cause chills
- What causes nausea and chills
- What could cause fatigue painful eyes chills and dizziness
- What causes an episode of chills, dizziness and focusing issues?
- What causes mildly raised INR level despite taking Warfarin?
- What does the following colposcopy report indicate?
- What do the following ultrasound reports indicate?
- What causes a red rash on the arm?
- What causes diarrhea, severe cramps and bloating?
- Suggest treatment for small bumps between the legs and near the buttocks
- What causes redness in the eyes?
- Suggest treatment for severe joint pain in the knees, elbows and ankles
- Suggest treatment for severe headaches and mouth ulcers while having...