What causes abdominal pain with absence of periods,fatigue and weight gain?

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Mar 2016
Mar 2016

OBGYN
Question
I have few systoms like...

Slit pain in my lower left side abdomen
Shortness in breath
quickly tiredness
fearness
weight gain

havent received MC for last 2 month, every time its regular(non Preganancy)
I have also under the treatment, they suggested me for Sustem tablet and once i will have the Period, few tests needs to be done.

please advice is there any major issue
Posted Sun, 3 Aug 2014 in Women's Health

Answered by Dr. S Patra 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
PCOD NEEDS TO BE RULED OUT.

Detailed Answer:

Thanks for writing to us. Followings are my comments:

1) Above clinical presentations are MOSTLY related to Premenstrual Symptoms and you can expect your period within 3 to 5 days after stopping SUSTEN. Poly Cystic Ovarian Disease (PCOD) is also to be ruled out in this context.

2) There are several reasons of missed or late period besides pregnancy. It may be due to hormonal imbalance, PCOD, mental stress, high prolactin level, over weight, pelvic infection, thyroid disturbance etc.

In that case, one pelvic ultrasound scan and complete hormone test (like LH/ FSH, Estrogen, serum Prolactin, Thyroid, DHEAS etc) will be worthwhile to rule out the underlying cause and confirm the diagnosis. You must consult with your local GYNECOLOGIST following blood test.

3) Proper treatment depends on diagnosis of the case. Combined hormonal pill or cyclic progesterone with supportive drugs treatment are required to induce and regularize period. Kindly, procure a complete prescription from your doctor.

In addition, you would take healthy diet (LOW CARBOHYDRATE) with more green vegetables, drink more water, keep bowel habit regular, avoid mental stress by meditation or yoga, control body weight by regular physical exercise & maintain genital hygiene properly.

Hope, it helps for your information. Kindly, close the discussion if you don't have any other query.

Wish your good health and take care yourself.

Dr Soumen

For future query, you can directly approach me through

http://doctor.healthcaremagic.com/Funnel?page=askDoctorDirectly&docId=63326