What causes abdominal pain after smoking Marijuana?

Dr. Alexander H. Sheppe

Psychiatrist

Posted on Mon, 2 Nov 2015 in General Health
Question: I have been smoking weed for over a year. Started feeling pain towords right back of my stomach along with severe constipation. Also feeling pain in my chest.
No. Never had it.Have shown to doctors but nothing was found. Have done xray for chest, ultrasound and MRI for stomach after doctors advice but nothing came out. Still have same problem. Plz guide.
Answered by Dr. Alexander H. Sheppe 34 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Follow-up

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for your question.

Marijuana use can damage the lungs. You say a chest X-ray was normal which is reassuring. My next thought would be the heart, which is why I asked about cocaine, because this can cause heart attacks in young people. Have you had an EKG to check your heart? If an MRI of the abdomen was normal, this rules out problems with your pancreas, spine, kidneys, and liver, all of which I was also considering. Do you drink alcohol? If so, testing your pancreas and liver further with blood testing would be appropriate. Otherwise, I would recommend cutting down on marijuana and using over-the-counter laxatives.

In the future, for a personalized comprehensive evaluation, treatment recommendations, or private therapy from an XXXXXXX psychiatrist, ask me at HealthCareMagic at this unique link: XXXX
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj
Follow up: Dr. Alexander H. Sheppe 5 hours later
Have been detected with the fatty liver grade 1. And also have high cholostrol( triglycerides). Feeling pain in both sides of chest along with mild pain in throat as well. Have done xray for spine as well but its normal. Just wanted to check does fattly liver grade 1 cause pain?
Answered by Dr. Alexander H. Sheppe 17 hours later
Brief Answer:
Follow-up

Detailed Answer:
Fatty liver grade 1 does not cause pain. Your mention of throat pain suggests this may be related to marijuana use after all, as marijuana irritates both the lungs and throat. I think it best for you to stop smoking marijuana for a few months and see if the pain subsides.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T