What causes LBBB, frequent weakness and tiredness?

Dr. Muhammad Ahmad

Posted on Mon, 19 Oct 2015 in Medicines and Side Effects
Question: Presently on metoprolol 25 bid & flecainide 100 bid for atrial flutter. Also have left bundle branch block. Ifrequently feel weak & tired. Soon to start Solotol. Will I feel worse? How safe is it , both short & long term?
Answered by Dr. Muhammad Ahmad 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Things are expected to stay fine.

Detailed Answer:

Welcome to Health Care Magic.

Thanks for writing.

I am Dr.Muhammad Ahmad. I have read your question completely, i understand your concern and will try to help you in best way possible.

Both the drugs are beta blockers(Metoprolol and solotol)..and are used to control the rate of A.Fib . It is hard to tell all beta blockers have this side effect of lethargy and malaise some cause it more some cause it less. The effect and it's intensity varies person to person. One may feel more lethargy with Metoprolol other may feel more lethargy with Solotol .

As far as long term use is concerned , for arrhythmias like Afib, solotol is considered as a better choice , so I am quite positive that it will carry long term benefits for you but as far as sode effects are concerned 10% people do get dizziness lethargy woth Solotol in some ot wears off it others it doesn't and intensity varies person to person.

Things will get clear as youn start using the drug , no valid prediction can be made as ywt, it will be too early to predict anything.But yes it's a good deug with good safety profile and efficacy in Afib hopefully things will stay fine.

l hope this answered your question, a
if you have more please feel free to ask.

Regrads.

Dr.Muhammad Ahmad.

M.B.B.S(Licensed Family Physician)

Trainee Cardiologist.