Suggest treatment for constant dizziness while treating throat infection

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Mar 2017
Mar 2017
Excellent

Cardiologist
Question
Hello again doctor,

I am having to write to you again due to a symptom that is bothering me from a week.

I again had throat infection due to cool drinks and fever for 2 days. I only took paracetemol for 2 days and now I feel better. However, I am having head spinning or dizziness since the time I got fever and still continuous, which occurs for 3 to 4 seconds randomly once or twice per day. No other symptoms are noticed.

I will be having my cardiac check on 26th but before that I would like to take advise from you to prevent these symptoms. I wont be able to take any leaves for this week, so I cannot go for my checkup before 26th. But I can get blood tests done if required.

Can you please suggest me if any tests are required and ways to prevent this and feel better?

Fri, 18 May 2018 in General Health

Answered by Dr. Bhanu Partap 8 hours later
Brief Answer:
No need to undergo any test for this

Detailed Answer:
Hello XXXXXXX

I hope you are doing great. When ever our body fight off fever there us increased catabolism which usually leaves behind symptoms like weakness, malaise, Dizziness for a couple of days as body recovers from the infection.

The only thing which helps during this phase is good nutrient rich healthy diet which should be taken as small frequent meals along with some extra rest. I would like to suggest you to take one table spoon of Protinex powder in a cup of warm milk daily as this protein supplement will help your body recover quickly.

As the weather has changed so be careful with your dietary habits and don't consume such things like cold drink or cold juices.

I hope this information will help you for your current issues.

Wish you Good health and a lovely Sunday.

Kind regards
Dr Bhanu partap