What do high metamyelocytes with fever, muscle pain and stomache indicate?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
Question
My daughter is 16 years old and since yesterday she presented with very high fever, abdominal pain and very painful muscles. Today her fever spiked again very high and she is still complaining of very painful muscles, abdominal pain and malaise.
We did not visit any malaria area recently.
I did blood tests on her today and her CRP came back 183 and she also presents with high metamyelocytes. Do you think I should be concerned about the high metamyelocytes?
Thu, 26 Apr 2018 in Bones, Muscles and Joints

Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Wait and see if it reduces on its own.

Detailed Answer:
Metamyelocyte's are not normal in blood counts. Sometimes it happens when there is infection or bleeding because of overproduction of bone marrow. If persisting it is abnormal you might need checked out by a hematologist. Do wait for the fever to subside and repeat the test after 7 days.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Regards.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.
For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Praveen-Tayal