What do high metamyelocytes with fever, muscle pain and stomache indicate?
We did not visit any malaria area recently.
I did blood tests on her today and her CRP came back 183 and she also presents with high metamyelocytes. Do you think I should be concerned about the high metamyelocytes?
Wait and see if it reduces on its own.
Thanks for posting your query.
Metamyelocyte's are not normal in blood counts. Sometimes it happens when there is infection or bleeding because of overproduction of bone marrow. If persisting it is abnormal you might need checked out by a hematologist. Do wait for the fever to subside and repeat the test after 7 days.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Wishing you good health.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.
For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Praveen-Tayal
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- High sed rate and muscle pain
- Stomach pain like muscle pain
- Stomach ache abdominal pain fever muscle pain taken paracetamol
- Sever leg muscle pains fever
- Why does valley fever cause muscle pain
- Severe muscle pain with fever
- Lower stomach muscle pain trampoline
- High uric acid and muscle pain
- Fever muscle pain rhinitis soar throat
- Night sweats fever and muscle pains