What causes dizziness and chronic ear popping along with fever?
Please go in to urgent care or ER - ER might be best.
Hello and welcome,
I read through what you wrote here, and your fevers have been high.
People can get post-viral exanthema, a rash from a viral illness, but I don't know, without seeing the rash, what you mean by breakouts.
It's possible to be influenza if there has been a strong respiratory component to it with coughing. But given how long you have been having fevers, and how high (most fevers are worse at night because of lower diurnal levels of cortisol), I really do think you should go in to be seen - either at an urgent care clinic or an ER. If you are having a high fever tonight, go in to the ER. Ask a friend to drive you or take a cab if you can.
If there has been coughing, you should get a chest X-ray to rule out pneumonia.
I am not as concerned about the ear symptoms and subsequent dizziness as I am about the high fevers for so long, plus a rash that should be looked at. The source of the fevers needs to be looked into (exam, CBC and other blood tests, urinalysis, chest X-ray).
If you have been traveling outside of the US, be sure to tell the ER doctor that too.
I would be happy to answer your questions but at this point, you need to be seen in person first.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Chronic fever causes
- What causes fever followed by rash on ears and neck
- Chronic recurrent fever causes
- Sinus infection strep throat ear pain fever dizziness cause
- Can glandular fever cause dizziness
- Chronic typhoid fever causes
- What can cause headache with dizziness and fever
- What causes hay fever
- Chronic low fever causes
- Chronic rheumatic fever causes
- Suggest treatment for chronic hip/pelvic pain
- What causes coughing, sneezing, headaches and watery eyes?
- Suggest treatment for post nasal drainage and runny nose
- What causes foul body odor and overactive bladder while taking Trospium?
- What causes pain near the navel area?
- What causes joints pain with welts and teeth problems?
- Suggest remedy for drainage at back of throat and vomiting sensation
- Suggest treatment for pain under the clavicle
- Suggest medication for ADHD
- Suggest medication for bloating in a person with history of colitis