What causes itchy bumps on the legs and arms after swimming?
What could it be? My husband does not have any symptoms.
Chemical burns from swimming pool water ,recommendations given in details.
Warm welcome to Healthcaremagic.com
I have evaluated your query thoroughly .
* This is due to chemical burns on skin following swimming pool water exposure
which got worsened by hot sun rays .
* Guidelines for better relief
@ Local care
- Do not poke the bump to take out fluid ( which may cause infection ) .
- Ice pack application 3 times a day for 5 minutes each .
- Zinc oxide application ( with help of sterile stick ) in form of thin layer
3 times a day .
- Wear loose , clean , cotton clothes .
- Avoid exposure to excess heat .
@ Systemic care
- Avoid prednisone tablets ( which will delay the healing process ) .
- Get prescription of tablet benadryl to be taken 2 times a day after meals .
- Can take tab. ibuprofen ( 400 ) mg 3 times a day after meals if no drug
- Consume plenty of liquids , balanced nutritious diet for faster healing .
- Keep blood sugar under control .
* Need of systemic antibiotics require physical examination or an evaluation
with a photo pic of the bump as an attachment if possible .
Hope this clears your query .
Wishing you fine recovery .
follow up .
Welcome XXXXXXX ,
Glad to hear about your progress & recovery .
* Kindly find further details for your queries
@ Blood test is not required for you at this recovering stage .
It is the skin layer issue with reactions and eruptions , not systemic absorption
Usually it takes around 2 - 3 weeks for recovery .
@ Malaise and low energy is from over work , not skin condition .
Consume plenty of liquids preferably organic tea , coffee , lemon juice more .
Pure honey also helps for this .
Try to manage at least 6 - 7 hours sound sleep for early recovery .
I personally recommend for YOGA for stress ( not for skin problem ) .
@ Continue epsom salt bath , that will help healing for sure .
Welcome for any further assistance .
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Red itchy bumps on arms legs shoulder blades underlying cause
- What causes itchy red bumps in the groin area
- What causes itchy smallflattish bumps on the skin
- What could cause bumps on legs and arms
- What causes bumps on my legs after sex
- What causes little itchy bump on arms
- What could cause itchy labia with bumps after having sex
- What causes itchy bumps behind the neck area
- What will cause red itchy bumps on breast stomach arms and neck
- What causes itchy scalp bumps