What are the symptoms of dengue?
Thank you for posting a question.
Firstly, in dengue, you may have fever as first symptom. It may be higher than 101 degree. Somtimes you may feel bone pain. In extreme conditions, you may experience hemorrhagic episodes like petechial hemorrhagic spots. Vomiting, rash, abdomial pain, diarrhoea, muscle pain may also be seen. In very extreme conditions, dengue shock syndrome may occur. But, now a days the symptoms are changing. It is very difficult to say any particular symptom.
For diagnosis you have to do dengue serology tests. It includes IgG and Ig M specific for dengue virus. You have to do a complete blood count urgently. If dengue Ig M is positive, it Indicates recent infection. In that case, you have to monitor the platelet count every alternate days.
In treatment, you just have to take only paracetamol 650 mg and plenty of water. You should take a good nutritious diet.
Consult with any general physician for clinical examination , for oredering the required investigations, and for further management.
Hope this suffices. Let me know, if you have any more question.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Dengue symptoms for one year baby
- Is yawning a symptom of dengue fever
- Symptoms of dengu fever
- Dengue fever symptoms coated tongue
- What are the symptoms of dengue recurrence
- Dengue fever symptoms hiv symptoms
- Are body rashes and headaches symptoms of dengue
- Dengue typhoid together symptoms
- Symptoms of dengue
- Eye watering dengue symptom
- Felt a dull pain on heart while running. Feeling dizzy, tired and...
- Have painful, swollen lymph node near groin area and rashes on scrotum....
- Suffering from irritable bowel movement. Suggest some medicine and...
- Ultrasound of kidney and lipid profile is normal. What causes sudden...
- Have dengue fever. Platelet count is 2,0000. Is it normal?
- Child having allergy between the fingers of the feet. Treated for...
- Have dark skin patches, irritation and getting wet in hot temperature....
- Have had severe shoulder pain. Noticed crack in neck and pain in head....
- How to treat recurring episodes of amnesia in a patient with temporal...
- Have a mass of covering on rib cage. What is this?