Can I get rabies when bitten by cockatoo ad applied peroxide and Neosporin?

Dr. Farah Hussain

Dentist

Posted on Sat, 28 Dec 2013 in Infections
Question: I was bit today by my neighbor's cockatoo. Broke the skin, I washed it put peroxide and Neosporin on. can I get rabies from the bite ?
Answered by Dr. Farah Hussain 1 hour later
Brief Answer: rabies not caused by cockatoo bite. Detailed Answer: Hello there; Rabies is viral disease caused due to transmission of the virus from the infected animals especilly dogs to the humans. cockatoo bite will not cause rabies .do not worry. Take care
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Yogesh D
Follow up: Dr. Farah Hussain 26 minutes later
Thank you, Doctor XXXXXXX
Answered by Dr. Farah Hussain 22 hours later
Brief Answer: im pleased Detailed Answer: You are welcome.do write to us in future.