Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
195 Doctors are Online

What are the findings from the report? Is it normal?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Internal Medicine Specialist
Practicing since : 2001
Answered : 2272 Questions
Hi, my total cholesterol is 249, triglycerides is 104 ,g/dl HDL, HDL 34mg LDL COL193 mg, VLDL 21,0 mg
Fosfolipides 290mg. I am 34 years old, and im a woman
144 lb and almost 6 feet
Posted Thu, 26 Sep 2013 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Ram Choudhary 4 hours later
Brief Answer:
life style modifications for 3months

Detailed Answer:
Welcome to healthcare Magic!
That lipid profile can be divided in two parts good cholesterol - HDL
And bad cholesterol- LDL VLDL and Triglycerides
Your VLDL is okay but all others are in adverse ranges.
You should start the management to correct this.
Your body weight is fine for your height.
You should avoid saturated fat in the diet, avoid fried foods, fast foods and nonveg foods, cut down about 5-10% of current food intake all these efforts will bring down the bad cholesterols.
To improve good cholesterol that is to increase the HDL you should do regular aerobic exercises like jogging, brisk walking and swimming least five times a week.
Then repeat the lipid profile after three months, it should correct the problems, if still it remains deranged then you will need to take regular medications.
I hope the advise would be informative and useful for you.
Take Care!
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Internal Med Specialist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor