What are benefits and disadvantage of Meganeuron to diabetic and hypertension patient?

Dr. Pratap VGM

Diabetologist

Posted on Thu, 5 Dec 2013 in Diabetes
Question: WHAT ARE BENEFITS AND DISADVANTAGE OF MEGANEURON OD PLUS TO AN DIABETIC AND HYPERTENSION PATIENT
Answered by Dr. Pratap VGM 29 minutes later
Brief Answer: vitamin. b 12 effects Detailed Answer: Dear sir/madam Welcome to healthcare magic Meganeuron od contains methylcobalamine, pyridoxine and alpha Lipoic acid with folate. Od means once daily. Its contents are made in such a way that is provides contents for once a day. This tablet is very important in diabetic and hypertensive patients because it is beneficial to 1. Cardiac system - cardiac contractability is improved. Blood circulation is improved to end organs countering atherosclerosis. 2. Nervous system- nervous conduction and velocity is improved with methylcobalamine. It decreases the nervous pain and improves neuropathy. 3. Blood cells- increases red blood cell count along with white blood cells- improves immunity. 4. Improves sleep cycles and decreases the incidence of insomnia. There are so many beneficial affects on Neuro and hormonal system. Hope information is helpful Feel free to ask queStions Thanks
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T
Follow up: Dr. Pratap VGM 9 hours later
DISADVANTAGES OF MEGANEURON OD PLUS. SECONDLY DOES GLAVUS MET INCREASE WEIGHT. IF YES THEN ANY ALTERNATE MEDICINE WHICH IS EQUALLY EFFECTIVE
Answered by Dr. Pratap VGM 3 minutes later
Brief Answer: no it is weight neutral Detailed Answer: Dear sir There are no significant side effects of the vitamin components of Meganeuron-OD plus. Little is known about the side effects of benfotiamide and alphalipoic acid component of the supplement. Galvusmet is weight neutral and it causes even weight loss in most of the cases. Its newer and good drug. Continue taking it. Thanks
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj
Follow up: Dr. Pratap VGM 26 hours later
Thanks for the reply. PANCREAS TRANSPLANT IS FEASIBLE IN INDIA ? WHAT ARE THE ADVANTAGE OR DISADVANTAGE OF Pancreas transplant Medically, Is taking Insulin better or medicine. How does one differeniate between TYPE I and TYPE II Diabetes
Answered by Dr. Pratap VGM 16 minutes later
Brief Answer: Not feasible in india Detailed Answer: Dear Sir, Pancreatic islet transplantation is not feasible in india as per now. It is better for you to take insulin. Secondly, type 1 and type 2 diabetes is coined mainly by dependency to insulin. In type 1 diabetes, insulin is needed for survival. In type 2 diabetes, insulin is needed for quality of life. Thanks
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Shanthi.E
Follow up: Dr. Pratap VGM 13 minutes later
You said Insulin Is needed for quality of life and all it is better for me to take insulin. WOuld appreciate if you could enlighten me what in what aspects in help me improve quality of life. Secondly what's the most advisable form to take insulin and if any recommended brand
Answered by Dr. Pratap VGM 8 minutes later
Brief Answer: quality of life Detailed Answer: Dear Sir Insulin has so many anabolic effects on the body like lipogenesis. If you supplement with insulin, it will help to maintain protein and lipid balances so that you will maintain weight and energy. Insulin deficiency causes loss of fat and protein mass, which in turn causes weight loss. Insulin increases the body defense systems by indirect mechanisms. So overall insulin is good. Leading manufacturers of insulin are novo nor disk and biocon. You can select your type of insulin from any one of these Thanks
Follow up: Dr. Pratap VGM 17 days later
Morning Doctor, can you recommend any good multivitamins which is good for body and gives energy for a medical facts like me
Answered by Dr. Pratap VGM 13 minutes later
Brief Answer: .lot of good companies manufacture vitamin b12 Detailed Answer: Dear sir There are lot of good companies manufacture vitamin b 12 and other vitamins like microlabs, wockhardt, mankind and novo. You can ask your pharmacist about supplements from one of these companies. For records, there is not much difference of potency/effectivity among different brands. Regards
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad
Follow up: Dr. Pratap VGM 36 minutes later
Inspite of my restricted diet DIET DETAILS MORNING ONE GLASS OF WATER OF SOAKED LADY FINGER (bHENDI),1 SPOON SOAKED METHI, KARELA DHOODHI AND CARRON JUICE ALMONDS AND WALNUTS FOLLOWED BY ONE MILK TEA. AFTERNOON pORTION EQUIVALENT TO 3 SPOONS OF OATS MIXED WITH VEGETABLES. NIGHT TWO TO AT TIMES 3 SMALL SIZE CHAPPATI, DAL AND SABJI AND SALAD. AT TIMES RAITA iN BETWEEN I MUNCH SING XXXXXXX (PEA NUTS) WALKING 30 TO 45 MINUTES STILL MY WEIGHT IS AROUND 100 TO 103KG. mY BODY IS LEAN . ALL THE FAT IS ACCUMULATED IN THE STOMACH
Answered by Dr. Pratap VGM 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Gliptins adviced Detailed Answer: Dear sir If you want to loose your weight and control you sugars there are limited options Now a days gliptin group of drugs will cause weight loss and good sugar control. Try to alternate your drugs with it. Consult and try to talk to your doct Thanks