Sustained a cranial and vestibular concussion. Taking vestibular therapy. Suffer nausea and have trouble tracking. Suggest?
I have now been referred to the University Professor of Neuropsychology at UBC in Vancouver to see if he can resolve my deteriorating condition. I am suffering malaise, fatique, nausea and lately depression from being so ill. What can the neuropsychologist offer me in terms of help and how would he do that. it may take months to get in to see him. Still I remain active for only 20 % of my waking hours, the rest dosing/sleeping and then sleeping through the night. 95% of my day I feel nauseated ...tried to go for a walk today for about 20 minutes and was almost to the point of throwing up when I had to turn back toward home. Everything still moves up and down when I walk and it's difficult to focus ahead to calm the nausea. Normally I can walk 2 hours and feel refreshed. But since this concussion it is hard to push myself to even go out. Please are there any questions you have of me to enable you to help me further. My own family dr is very concerned about my deterioration and malaise/depression and has run a full set of blood tests including hormone levels, hp pylori (I suffered a duodenal ulcer 4 years ago and have been having some flare ups)l should have the results in about a week. I look forward to reply and thank you for your time and consideration. University of BC is about to take on my case in Neurology to try and help so am not quite sure what that will involve. Thank you.
I should add, I am about normal weight, 135 pounds, 5ft 5in...and normally very active with golfing, walking, gardening etc. I eat very healthy, make most of my food fresh daily, so don't know what else to do at the moment to increase my energy and stamena. Any questions you may have please just ask. I look forward to your reply and thank you again.
Post concussion syndrome
I am a Ayurveda physician and ayurveda offers helpful means to combat post concussion syndrome. Therefore I take this opportunity to address your concerns. But before going into further analysis do let me know about following concerns:
Was vestibular dysfunction peripheral or central?? [as inner ear damage is generally irreversible!]
People with head injury have been shown to have semi circular canal dysfunction sometimes (since CT/MRI scan has not shown any pathology). Therefore were you evaluated by an ENT surgeon for the same and examined for BPPV [benign paroxysmal positional vertigo] because dizziness, gait unsteadiness and oscillopsia are frequent with vestibular involvement.?
Neuropsychologist will help with neuro cognitive rehabilitation. [it may involve developing compensatory strategies to address difficulties with aspects of cognition, such as attention, memory, and executive functioning]
Do let me know about the medications which you were prescribed and/or currently taking for any ADR [adverse drug reaction].
Do let me know about the concerns raised so that effective line of management can be incorporated in your lifestyle.
Dr. Munish Sood
Consultant & Physician
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Suggest treatment for symptoms of concussion
- Vestibular ocular reflex and concussion
- Suffered a concussion headaches dizziness nausea treatment for symptoms
- Why do concussions cause nausea
- Hvaing mild nausea after gettig concussion is it normal
- Grade 3 concussion nausea headache
- Nausea and headache after head injury concussion
- Are nausea or vomiting symptoms of concussion?
- Concussion nausea giddiness
- What causes nausea diarrhea and dizziness diagnosed with concussion
- Experiencing neck pain. Suggest medication or exercise?
- Taking inhaler for chronic bronchitis. Need ayurvedic remedies
- Have habit of rubbing penis while sleeping and masturbating. Muscles...
- Sustained a cranial and vestibular concussion. Taking vestibular...
- Teeth is sensitive and have issue with gums. Sometimes releases pus....
- How can low breast milk production be managed?
- How can macular degeneration be cured?
- Can Trikatu churna, Beheda churna and Swarna varant cause insomnia?
- Suggest homoeopathic remedies for recurring red rashes on the body
- Suggest remedies for freckles on the T-zone of the face