• question-icon

Suggest treatment for post concussion syndrome

Posted on Mon, 17 Jul 2017 in Lump
Question: I was head butted by my 67 lb dog in the chin leaving me with a bloody lip, loose tooth, and a concussion. I was diagnose with post concussion syndrome. Now I noticed 4 days after a bump on the back of my neck that's tender and pain radiates down my back. should this be checked out by the ER or my Primary in a week (when they have availability)
Answered by Dr. T Chandrakant 48 minutes later
Brief Answer:
To be checked out ER.

Detailed Answer:
Hi.
Thanks for your query, albeit short and specific.
Noted the history and understood the concerns.
Tender bump at the back of the neck causing radiation down the back indicated that it needs to be clinically evaluated as early as possible for proper diagnosis and management as it is symptomatic.
I would advise you to consult at ER for an early diagnosis and management.
Waiting for the Primary for a week may not be a good decision. There could have been a whiplash spasm or hematoma at the back that has manifested now as the injury was at the chin with such a force that caused bloody lip, loose teeth and a concussion.
Please give feedback.
I hope this answers your query.
Please feel free to ask for further relevant queries if you feel that there is a gap of communication.

Dr. T Chandrakant

General Surgeon