• question-icon

What causes pain in the nose after surgery?

Posted on Mon, 14 Aug 2017 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Question: Hello , I had nose surgery for a fractured bone in my nose now I have bone Calais and pain when I wear sunglasses or eyewear where the eyewear sits on my nose . Why do I get pain and why do I have the round bone Calais ? It's been 6 weeks since the surgery .
Answered by Dr. Priyanka Aggarwal 16 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Post nasal surgery pain

Detailed Answer:
Hi
Welcome to Healthcare Magic and thanks for putting up the query
The tissue usually may take up to 6 to 8 weeks for healing. Till that time one has to avoid any further trauma and stress. Please send me the pictures of your nose so that I can suggest you better.
Also send me the pre operative x-ray of the nasal bones.
Follow up with the required information.
Thanks and regards
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Remy Koshy
Follow up: Dr. Priyanka Aggarwal 5 hours later
I don't have X-rays what they did was a cat scan . I suffered from a concussion to the left side of my head which broke my nose when the door fell/hit me side ways . I want to know why am I getting headaches when I put eyewear on when it hits that callus ?
Answered by Dr. Priyanka Aggarwal 7 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Trauma face

Detailed Answer:
Hi
Thanks for the information.
Any facial trauma involving the nasal bones may be accompanied with septal and sinus injuries. The call us might get infected leading to pain or pain may be due to pressure in nasal bridge when there is frontal sinus injury also.
Please send me the CT pictures and current pictures of your face and nose so that I can suggest you better.
Thanks and regards
Follow up: Dr. Priyanka Aggarwal 4 hours later
I don't have a pic of the Ct scan and I can't figure out how to send a picture and ideas how to paste a pic

My question is at work I have to wear safety glasses for 8 hours and it very uncomfortable when I wear them and it triggers headaches does that make sense..
Answered by Dr. Priyanka Aggarwal 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Trauma face

Detailed Answer:
Hi
Thanks for the information.

The headache due to prolonged wearing of spectacles may be due to nasal bone injury; however in such cases, I expect you to have some tenderness on that site. It should hurt if you touch the nasal bridge. Incase you don't notice tenderness / doesn't hurt to touch, then the headache is more likely due to other causes like hypertension or refractory errors. All the possible causes need to be ruled out before reaching any diagnosis.
You can attach the pictures using upload option available on this page.

Any further questions are always welcome.
I hope my advise proves useful for you.
Thanks and regards
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad
Follow up: Dr. Priyanka Aggarwal 17 minutes later
I forgot to tell you I suffered from a head concussion when the door fell on me ..
I can't find the upload button ?
Answered by Dr. Priyanka Aggarwal 9 hours later
Brief Answer:
Nasal trauma

Detailed Answer:
Hi
I was repeatedly asking for the reports to rule out any head injury. You are telling you suffered a concussion. my advise is keepikeeping all things aside, you should get yourself examined by a neurologist. I doubt the headache is due to nasal fracture because it is stress related.
Thanks and regards
Follow up: Dr. Priyanka Aggarwal 10 hours later
the concussion was back in January is it possible that it can last this long ?
Answered by Dr. Priyanka Aggarwal 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
Nasal trauma

Detailed Answer:
Hi
There is something called post concussion syndrome characterised by especially headache which needs to be ruled out.
Thanks and regards
Yes I've been seeing a neurologist . How long can this last ? I get headaches at least 3-4 times a week and get dizzy at times and to top it off now my nose and the lump that I've had after surgery.

It's been 6 months since the injuries is this normal ?
Answered by Dr. Priyanka Aggarwal 6 hours later
Brief Answer:
Nasal trauma

Detailed Answer:
Hi
Headache can be due to Post concussion syndrome that can occur 3 to 6 months after the injury or it can be due to swelling in the nose. Sir I can suggest you better only if I can see the reports and the condition of swelling.
All the causes have to be ruled out one by one to reach a final diagnosis for headache.
You should get a CT paranasal sinuses done.
I hope my advise proves useful for you.
Thanks and regards
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Kampana
Dr. Priyanka Aggarwal

ENT Specialist