Suggest ways to treat irregular menstruation

Dr. Deepti Verma

OBGYN, Maternal and Fetal Medicine

Posted on Sat, 4 Mar 2017 in Women's Health
Question: Usualy my periods held between 27 to 28 but now 10 days above . I want my periods immideatly .my last period was end on 31st dec
Answered by Dr. Deepti Verma 15 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Diagnosis needs to be confirmed

Detailed Answer:
Hi dear,
I have gone through your question and understand your concerns.
Delayed periods can be due to pregnancy, stress, or hormonal disturbances like hypothyroidism, hyperprolactinemia or polycystic ovarian disease.
If there is any history of sexual intercourse, then the urine pregnancy test should be done to rule out any pregnancy, as different medications are required to terminate the pregnancy.
If there is no chances of pregnancy, or the urine pregnancy test is negative, then medroxyprogesterone tablet can be taken ti induce the periods.
However, the exact diagnosis should be diagnosed by appropriate investigations.
Hope you found the answer helpful.
Dr Deepti Verma
OBGYN
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Kampana
Follow up: Dr. Deepti Verma 4 minutes later
I hope the tablet that u named cannot be harmfull?n when should i take it day or night ? N how many tablet should i take 1 or 2 ?
Answered by Dr. Deepti Verma 20 hours later
Brief Answer:
Not harmful

Detailed Answer:
Hi dear,
No, the tablet is not harmful.
You can take 2 tablets a day, one in morning and other in the evening.
Dr Deepti Verma

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Nagamani Ng