Suggest treatment for stiff neck, nausea and fluctuating fever while suffering from cold

Dr. R.A. Singh

Emergency Medicine Specialist

Posted on Thu, 10 Sep 2015 in Medicines and Side Effects
Question: I am getting over a 4 week cold. I have a stiff neck, nausea, fluctuating fever, and am extremely tired. Should I be concerned, or is this a 24 hour bug?

Answered by Dr. R.A. Singh 4 hours later
Brief Answer:
some investigations are needed.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for writing your query.
After reading your post, I would suggest that you should get yourself clinically examined and investigated by your doctor.
Following investigations may be helpful :-
1. Complete Blood Count ( CBC ).
2. Throat swab culture.
3. Urine examination ( Routine / Microscopic and Culture / Sensitivity ).
You can take paracetamol 500mg for relief from fever and pain. Avoid steroids.
Drink lots of water daily and eat fresh fruits and vegetables.
Further medical management can be planned according to the reports of the above mentioned investigations and according to the clinical evaluation done by your doctor.
I hope this is helpful to you. If you have any further query, I will be happy to help.
Regards. Thanks.