Suggest treatment for severe stomach pain, nausea and rashes on the back

Dr. Ilir Sharka

Cardiologist

Posted on Tue, 4 Apr 2017 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Question: I have experienced pain, like a vice grip clamping on to my stomach, occurring with a severe sense of nausea blood pressure is 127 over 69, pulse 97. My temperature is 98.4, and I have rash from my lower back and stomach to my neck. The rash may be a separate issue; but the sensation of something painfully squeezing my stomach followed by uncontrollable vomiting has occurred three times in the month or so, and I don't think that it can be the flu. I also have burping and bloating happing with this, but no bowel symptoms.
Answered by Dr. Ilir Sharka 20 minutes later
Brief Answer:
I would recommend as follows:

Detailed Answer:
Hello!

Welcome and thank you for asking on HCM!

I passed carefully through your question and would explain that it is important differentiate between different causes that may lead to your symptomatology:

- a viral or bacterial infection in the gastro-esophageal tract, which could lead to a skin allergic reaction. This would make the connection between the gastro-intestinal symptoms and the skin rash.
- hiatal hernia, which is not related to the skin rash
- an allergic reaction or a food allergy.

Coming to this point, I would recommend consulting with your doctor and performing some tests:

- a chest X ray study
- complete blood count, PCR, ESR for inflammation
- blood electrolytes
- liver and kidney function tests.

A fibrogastroscopy is necessary to exclude a possible gastritis or hiatal hernia.

If all the above tests result normal, I would recommend performing some allergy tests.

You should discuss with your doctor on the above issues.

Hope to have been helpful!

Kind regards,

Dr. Iliri