Suggest treatment for severe bloating and abdominal pain

Posted on Mon, 8 Jun 2015 in Abdominal Pain
Question: I have been experiencing off and on severe bloating and abdominal pain, tender tummy to the touch. It usually goes away after a few days. Last Wednesday I had some type of attack of severe gas, couldn't even stand or walk. It eased up after passing some gas and stools. But my tummy remained very tender. Friday night I began to have very bad watery diarrhea, this has lasted for 2 days now with no relief from over the counter meds. No vomiting, some occasional nausea and had a fever of 101 all day Saturday. No fever this afternoon, sunday.
Answered by Dr. Heera Lal Poonia 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
please provide more details

Detailed Answer:
Dear XXXX, welcome to HCM and thanks for choosing us.

I understand your concerns about your health and its recurrence. There are several possibility with these symptoms like gastritis, hepatitis, gall bladder stones, pancreatic problems, chronic enteritis , worms or rarely some cancer.

You need to provide following details to help us in guiding you in better way
Age
Sex
Smoking, alcohol or any other drug
Total duration of symptoms
Any relevant family history of similar symptoms
Stool details like frequency, colour
Jaundice
Cholesterol levels if done

Please provide these details. Thanks
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Yogesh D
Follow up: Dr. Heera Lal Poonia 15 minutes later
I'm 33 yr female, had off and on bloating since my c section 6 months ago. Having watery stool about 4 or 5 an hour. I don't smoke nor drink. No blood in stool. I have had history of diverticulitis in the past with no flare-up for years. Also have celiac disease which is controlled by diet. The pain is across my belly even with my belly button, it's tender to the touch but the vloating is straight in the center like a balloon, tummy feels hard to the touch.
Answered by Dr. Heera Lal Poonia 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
infective diarrhoea is possibility. do stool examination

Detailed Answer:
Dear XXXXXXX welcome again and thanks for the details.

After going through your details and triad of symptoms like nausea, diarrhea and fever ,it seems you have infection in your intestines and stomach. I will order for stool microscopic examination and culture along with routine blood tests. You will require a course of antibiotics, antacids and antispasmodic medicines for a week. Your local doctor will know about the test as well as antibiotics.

Until you see a doctor, you can consider natural probiotics such as yogurt along with plenty of fluids. There are some probiotics and antacids available over the counter which you can try.

I hope my reply will help you. Please feel free to contact us for more information and follow up queries. I wish you good health and rapid recovery from current illness. Regards
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad
Dr. Heera Lal Poonia