Suggest treatment for respiratory tract infection while on immunosuppressive drugs
Better to rule out LRTI and get done chest x ray.
Thanks for your question on HCM.
I can understand your situation and problem.
Lower respiratory tract infection (LRTI) is common in patients on immunosuppressive drugs.
Your symptoms like fever, heavy cough, chest pain (hurt), wheezing etc are seen in LRTI (pneumonia).
So better to consult pulmonologist and get done
1. Clinical examination of respiratory system
2. Chest x ray.
Chest x ray is needed to rule out pneumonia.
If chest x ray is normal then possibility of bronchitis is high.
Because bronchitis cause similar symptoms.
PFT (Pulmonary Function Test) is needed for the diagnosis of bronchitis.
So better to first diagnose yourself and then start appropriate treatment.
Hope I have solved your query.
I will be happy to help you further.
Wish you good health.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Suggest treatment for acute respiratory tract infection
- Suggest treatment for respiratory tract infection in children
- Upper respiratory tract infection treatment
- Treatment and cure for respiratory tract infections
- Lower respiratory tract infection physiotherapy treatment
- Drugs treatment of monilia infection
- Suggest treatment for upper respiratory tract infection
- Suggest treatment for respiratory tract infection
- Prostate infection treatment drugs
- Drugs/medication for respiratory tract infections