Suggest treatment for pulsation on the feet
Off late I have noticed I can feel the pulse in my feet, When I feel the pulses I check my BP its normal and the heart rate is also between 65 - 85, I did ECG it came back borderline ECG and the findings were within normal limits, Echo was excellent as well.
6 months ago Stress test was done and has ruled out ischaemia.
What could be the reason of me feeling the pulse in feet.
Any advise will be highly appreciated.
Welcome to Healthcaremagic.
Hi, I am Dr Anshul Varshney , I have read your query in detail , I understand your concern.
Pulsations felt in feet are normal. You are feeling Dorsalis Pedis Artery.
Everyone feels it and some people feel it in exaggerated way.
In fact, if one doesn't feel pulse there and a doctor is also unable to feel pulse there that is a problem!! That becomes a sign of atherosclerosis and impending gangrene.
Moreover, your Blood Pressure is normal, so you don't need to feel your pulse and think about it.
As, it is not a disease, no further investigations are required.
This is my personal opinion based on details available here. If you still have any other query, you may please ask me.
Dr Anshul Varshney , MD
Also just to make it earier for you , I take BP readings when resting, If I measure my BP after doing some small less stenous activity it shows as 128/85 at times, but when I relax it goes down to 115,114,109, 104 Systolic, 84,80,78,74,68,65 Diastolic.
Thanks in advance doctor :)
White Coat Hypertension.
Since your BP is always normal, and it is just high at a doctor's clinic, you might just be getting high BP at doctor's clinic which we call as "White Coat Hypertension".
You don't need any treatment for this BP.
Just take low salt in diet.
I hope it helps.
The answers really help psychologically :)
Today I measured my pressure under absolute rest, the rading cane back as 118/78, 116/75, 114/72, 104/68.
I went down from my building for a short round say 5 mins walk or even lese, and today its bit hot and humid here in XXXXXXX too, when I came back from back I rested for 3-4 mins then took pressure readings it came back as, 132/84, rested for 2 more mins and the pressure came back as 120/80, 119/85, 118/85 then about 10 mins rest readings are 108/80, 119/75, 109/75 after 15 mins total rest 109/76, 117/75, 100/70, 100/72 after 20 mins 99/69.
Am I still having hypertension what dk we consider with the above readings, it was high when I did 3-4 mins walk initially, the climate here is bit warm and humid, mire over I took tgis readings 1 hr after I got up from afternoon sleep.
Thanks in advance doc :)
I dont have or fell any symptoms of high bp though :)
No evidence of Hypertension.
There is no evidence of hypertension in your BP readings. You don't need any medicine and based on these medicines, i will say that you don't have any hypertension.
If you have any further query, ask me, else close thee discussion and rate it.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Suggest treatment for skin burn on feet
- Suggest treatment for difficulty in walking and sweaty feets
- Suggest treatment for edema feet
- Suggest treatment for callus under the feet
- Suggest treatment for fungal infection on feet
- Suggest treatment for tingling and hotcold sensation in feet
- Suggest treatment for extremely painful large bumps of feet
- Suggest treatment for painful feet inspite of being diabetic
- Have black patches on feet suggest treatment
- Suggest treatment for swollen legs and feet
- What is the window period for HIV test post exposure?
- Suggest treatment for allergic reaction to Azithral in a child
- Does Bayer Aspirin cause burping?
- What causes clear discharge and strong smelling urine?
- What causes chest pain with normal ECG report?
- Suggest treatment for nausea, stomach pain and loss of appetite
- What causes leg pain in sleep?
- Suggest treatment for hepatitis C in a heart patient
- Suggest treatment for acute bronchitis
- What causes sore neck and heavy head post head oil massage?