What causes breathlessness despite normal heart and lung test results?
Get a fresh 2d echo done.
Thanks for your question on Healthcare Magic.
I can understand your concern.
In my opinion, you should definitely get a fresh 2d echo done to rule out congestive heart failure (CHF).
Another possibility is bronchitis.
Both are common after chemotherapy.
So get done 2d echo for CHF and PFT (Pulmonary Function Test) for bronchitis.
If it is CHF then diuretics will be needed.
If it is bronchitis then inhaled bronchodilators (formoterol or salmeterol) and inhaled corticosteroid (ICS) (budesonide or fluticasone) are needed.
Hope I have solved your query. I will be happy to help you further. Wish you good health. Thanks.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes the heart to race and then slows back to normal
- What causes heart to pound
- What causes the heart to beat harder than normal?
- What causes forceful heart beat inspite of normal stress tests
- What are normal heart sounds caused by
- What causes a heart mummer
- What causes myocardial infarctionmi despite normal heart conditions
- What cause heart papations
- What causes lung and heart to burn
- What could cause pain over the heart and breathlessness
- Suggest treatment for COPD
- What causes chronic cough?
- Suggest treatment for interstitial lung disease
- Suggest treatment for bronchiectasis
- Suggest treatment for anxiety and sleeping problems
- What causes dizziness after eating red meat?
- How to avoid insomnia caused by Albuterol taken for COPD treatment?
- What causes prolonged fever?
- Suggest treatment for clogged ears and inflamation in sinus passage
- What causes white foamy sputum when suffering from COPD?