Is an appendectomy advisable while suffering from arrhythmia?

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Mar 2017
Mar 2017
Excellent

Cardiologist
Question
Merry Christmas!
Sharka knows most my symptoms with bigeminy noe blood pressure and sudden onset of periodically high heartrate up towards 180-200 bpm from nowhere which is never caught on ecg or holter amd ectracystoles that get worse DURING exercise etc.
My question is
Can it be safe for me to do an operation like apendicitis where i need to be out to sleep?
Wed, 23 May 2018 in Hypertension and Heart Disease

Answered by Dr. Bhanu Partap 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
You need to get following test done.

Detailed Answer:
Hello Sir

First of all a very Merry Christmas to you and your family.

After going through the medical details provided by you I understand your concern and would like to suggest you that although there is no significant cardiac history in your particular case, as well as considering your young age group there should not be any risk in going for surgery from cardiac point of view.

But in my opinion to be on the safer and sure side I would like to suggest you to go for a stress test to rule out any cardiac problem as well as to make sure your cardiac function( pumping capacity of your heart ) .

For this you need to consult a Cardiologist personally and get this test done.

I hope this information will guide you properly.

Kind Regards
Dr Bhanu Partap

Follow-up: Is an appendectomy advisable while suffering from arrhythmia? 11 hours later
Thank you. Yes I will go have a stresstest beforhand.
I read that it may disturb the electrolytes so I guess there may be danger for arrythmia after/during sedation.

Answered by Dr. Bhanu Partap 6 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Hello Again

Detailed Answer:
No there is nothing like that. Once your are through with your stress test without any issue there won't be problems from cardiac point of view.

I hope this information will answer your query. Feel free to ask if you have any more doubts or else you can close the discussion and kindly rate the answer.

Kind regards
Dr Bhanu partap