Is angioplasty required in case of heartbeat with 150 in 11 minutes during TMT?

Hi, may I answer your health queries right now ? Please type your query here...Hi: I had a routine physical & EKG which I failed. I took another and passed; then a stress test & nuclear stress test with a Cardiac MD, who recommended angioplasty. A second opinion from another cardiologist (D.O.) reviewed the tests & said I don't need this. The 2nd D.O. put me on niacin, sterols, and a multivitamin. I am 70, in great physical shape, bmi of 27, have no symptoms, and did the stress tests to the max, obtaining a heart rate of 150 in 11 minutes. Who is right? 1/2 my family belives the MD, etc. Jerry
Wed, 11 Jan 2017
Cardiologist 's  Response

It would depend upon the report of angiography and nuclear stress test whether you need it or not. If you nuclear stress test is positive then you will be subjected to angiography and if angiography is showing blockages then you will need angioplasty. So need to provide us the report in order to provide you third opinion.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Dr. Sagar Makode