What does sinus tachycardia with dizziness indicate while walking?

Dr. Rishu Saxena

Cardiologist

Posted on Thu, 28 Sep 2017 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Question: Hi. I am experiencing some strange synptoms. When i stand up to walk inget exteemely dizzy and my heart rate spikes. Im concerned. I feel thunping in my chest as well. Uploaded what my heart rate looks like using an app and it looks strange compared to the norm. Let me know what you think
Answered by Dr. Rishu Saxena 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Orthostatic hypotension with palpitation(Thumping).

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for query dear.
Have gone through your details.
It's a common phenomenon termed as orthostatic hypotension. It just means that when you shift from lying down or sitting to standing, your blood pressure decreases therefore the heart rate increases to maintain the cardiac output.When you stand up quickly, a gravitational force pulls blood toward your feet. But if your blood vessels stay too relaxed, the process becomes delayed. As a result, low blood flow to the brain causes you to feel dizzy and lightheaded for a few seconds.

This can be suggestive of heart disease.
Medical examination is one of the main stay of diagnosis hence you should visit your cardiologist in person.

Investigations to be done are-

24 hour holter monitoring to look for any possible rythm disturbance during a period of 24 hours.

2d echo- To see cardiac pumping action.

stress test-
When your heart is working harder, your heart will be monitored with electrocardiography,

Start using Compression stockings and garments that may help reduce the pooling of blood in your legs and reduce the symptoms of orthostatic hypotension.

A sudden change in posture should be avoided.
The recording you have attached are not clinically acceptable.
Kindly get yourself properly evaluated with proper tests as suggested above.
However initially get yourself evaluated.

Hope i was helpful!
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Yogesh D