Suggest treatment for irritation on head of penis

Dr. Deepak Kishore Kaltari

General Surgeon

Posted on Tue, 14 Apr 2015 in Men's Health
Question: I've been having irritation on the head of my penis, particularly around the corona. I walk a lot for my job and it feels like the head was chafed, but it has been two months and has only improved a little bit. I have seen my doctor and he said that there is nothing wrong.
-skin is red and purple
-hurts to touch the head
-no discharge/foul smell
-not sexually active
-feels/looks better when dry
Answered by Dr. Deepak Kishore Kaltari 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
It's fungal Balanitis

Detailed Answer:
Hi
Welcome to Healthcare-Magic
Greetings of the day

Dear Sir

There us definitely redness at region of corona. This is very much likely to be due to fungal balanitis.

I would suggest you the following

1. Keep the area clean and dry . Wash it thoroughly with soap and water. Wash it thoroughly with water to remove all the residue of soap. Dry it after bath

2. Local application of combination of antifungal like Clotrimazole and steroid like Betamethasone twice a day for 2 weeks will help in resolution of symptoms.

Do get back to me if you need any further assistance, will be glad to assist you.

Wishing you and your family a very happy and healthy life.

Best Regards
Dr Deepak Kaltari
Follow up: Dr. Deepak Kishore Kaltari 53 minutes later
Hi, I have provided some attachments. Please review them.
Answered by Dr. Deepak Kishore Kaltari 10 hours later
Brief Answer:
It is fungal infection

Detailed Answer:
Dear Sir

I had already viewed the attachment and my opinion is its fungal Balanitis (inflammation of glans ) and it should respond with antifungal and steroid application.

Best Regards
Dr Deepak