Suggest treatment for depression and anxiety

Dr. Ashish Mittal

Psychiatrist

Posted on Wed, 31 Aug 2016 in General Health
Question: I am suffering from anxiety disorder and depression since december 2014.
presently taking Nexito 20 mg ,lumia 60k(weekly),rejunex plus.
I have headaches whenever i go out from home. its very difficult for me , please help.

Answered by Dr. Ashish Mittal 15 hours later
Brief Answer:
Your treatment need some modification.

Detailed Answer:
I appreciate your efforts for medical consultation in so much distress.

You are already suffering from anxiety problem. You are already on treatment for this with medicines like: Nexito 20 mg. (Lumia and rejunex od are multivitamins)

Some time patient (40% cases) did not improve with initial treatment, in that case one of the following steps are used:

-Detection and correction of vitamin deficiency (especially vitamin B12): so take vitamin supplement and fruits/milk in diet. You are already taking multivitamins.

-Screening of thyroid dysfunction: Get serum T3/T4 and TSH level done

-Monitor Blood pressure

-Checking compliance to treatment: Take medicine regularly: as medicine used to show effect after 4-6 weeks of continuous use.

-Increase the dose of current medicines: Nexito can be increase to 30mg per day under close supervision.

-Addition of other medicine: Like Lesuride 25mg in night to augment effect of Nexito under psychiatrist supervision.

-Addition of counseling treatment (CBT: Cognitive behavior therapy) from nearby psychologist. Combined treatment in form of medical management+CBT is best for anxiety.

I hope this information has been both informative and helpful for you.
Wishing her good health.