Suggest treatment for constipation, cold and mild ear infection in infant
Closely observe the general condition and urine output
Thanks for the query
In the present condition of Mild cold and ear infection I won't get overly worried if the child is accepting fluids well.Avoidence of feeds in the baby can be due to the current illness.As he will recover from the illness the appetite will also improve.
Give him what he wants to eat in small frequent aliquots.Give adequate amount of fluid(glucose water,juice,milk)to avoid dehydration or hypoglycemia.Follow the advice of your physician like antibiotic and cold medication.
I would suggest you to closely observe the baby for urine output and general activity.Urinary frequency of 3-4 times a day suggests that hydration is adequate.
If he gets more lethargic,oral acceptance decreases or there is high grade persistent fever I would suggest you to consult your physician.
I shall be glad to answer if you have any more query.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Best treatment for ear infection
- Heat or cold for outer ear infections
- Suggest treatment for ear infection
- Adult ear infection treatment
- Having fever ear infection cold given tylenol treatment
- Ear infection due to cold
- Treatment and cure for ear infection
- Fungal ear infection treatment
- Treatment corynebacterium ear infection
- Cold ear infection pounding