Does applying oil in the navel cure poor eyesight?

Dr. Munish Sood

Ayurveda Specialist

Posted on Mon, 7 May 2018 in Alternative Medicine
Question: Got the below message related to belly button. Can you confirm if the same is true to some extent at least?

=================
Navel News.

DID YOU KNOW?

Our belly button (NABHI ) is an amazing gift given to us by our creator. A 62 year old man had poor vision in his left eye. He could hardly see especially at night and was told by eye specialists that his eyes were in a good condition but the only problem was that the veins supplying blood to his eyes were dried up and he would never be able to see again.

According to Science, the first part created after conception takes place is the belly button. After it’s created, it joins to the mother’s placenta through the umbilical chord.

Our belly button is surely an amazing thing! According to science, after a person has passed away, the belly button is still warm for 3 hours the reason being that when a woman conceives a child, her belly button supplies nourishment to the child through the child’s belly button. And a fully grown child is formed in 270 days = 9 months.

This is the reason all our veins are connected to our belly button which makes it the focal point of our body. Belly button is life itself!

The “PECHOTI” is situated behind the belly button which has 72,000 plus veins over it. The total amount of blood vessels we have in our body are equal to twice the circumference of the earth.

Applying oil to belly button CURES dryness of eyes, poor eyesight, pancreas over or under working, cracked heels and lips, keeps face glowing, shiny hair, knee pain, shivering, lethargy, joint pains, dry skin.

*REMEDY For dryness of eyes, poor eyesight, fungus in nails, glowing skin, shiny hair*

At night before bed time, put 3 drops of pure ghee or coconut oil in your belly button and spread it 1 and half inches around your belly button.

*For knee pain*

At night before bed time, put 3 drops of castor oil in your belly button and spread it 1 and half inches around your belly button.

*For shivering and lethargy, relief from joint pain, dry skin*

At night before bed time, put 3 drops of mustard oil in your belly button and spread it 1 and half inches around your belly button.

*WHY PUT OIL IN YOUR BELLY BUTTON?*

You belly button can detect which veins have dried up and pass this oil to it hence open them up.

When a baby has a stomach ache, we normally mix asafoetida (hing) and water or oil and apply around the naval. Within minutes the ache is cured. Oil works the same way.

Try it. There's no harm in trying.

You can keep a small dropper bottle with the required oil next to your bed and drop few drops onto navel and massage it before going to sleep. This will make it convenient to pour and avoid accidental spillage.

I am forwarding this valuable and very useful information received from a very good friend. Its really amazing. A million thanks to the friend. Happy to share it with friends.

Dr. XXXXXXX dxxxxx
xxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxx
xxxxx xxxxxx xxxxxxx
xxxx. xf XXXXXXX

Answered by Dr. Munish Sood 4 hours later
Brief Answer:
further necessary information on navel

Detailed Answer:
Dear
Thanks for contacting the Ayurveda section of [A]YUSH and after going through the article, I'm of the following opinion:

1. In Ayurveda, XXXXXXX [navel] is considered as the originating source of vessels present in between the [पकवाशय]/intestine and [आमाशय]/stomach, i.e. why it is considered as one among the three important marmas [vital point] in Ayurveda by our Acharyas, i.e. Hridya- Basti- XXXXXXX

2. XXXXXXX is also the region of saman vayu and pachak pitta, where saman vayu is related with urine formation and pachak pitta is related with the removal of the electrolytes, so for the stimulation of both, activation of XXXXXXX marma is a must.

3. the article shared by you is very informative and true to the extent [if practiced regularly], so I apart from above said, do practice the following procedure at my clinic:

- XXXXXXX Pooran.
- XXXXXXX Basti.
- XXXXXXX Lepa

Dr. Munish Sood
Consultant Physician
Naimittika

direct online link: bit.ly/drmunishsood
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Arnab Banerjee