Suggest cleansing soaps to improve skin tone

Dr. Kakkar S.

Dermatologist

Posted on Fri, 4 May 2018 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: hello doctor,
which soap is best in the market to maintain rich skin tone and get a satisfactory refreshing feeling?
Answered by Dr. Kakkar S. 28 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Syndet soaps

Detailed Answer:
Hello. Thank you for writing to us.
I am Dr kakkar (Dermatologist and Venereologist). I have noted your concern.

Usual cleansing soaps are harsh on the skin - they dry the skin and being alkaline in nature they raise skin pH (normal skin pH is slightly acidic) - therefore they compromise skin function in one way or the other.
On the other hand Syndet soaps - soaps with milder surfactants - are milder on the skin and they don't dry skin or not as much as usual soaps and they also maintain an acidic skin pH so they are fine e.g Moisturex bar, Zyndet bar. Besides a Syndet soap, you must also use a good over the counter (OTC) moisturizer on your skin after bath to keep your skin soft and supple, specially during winters.

Follow up: Dr. Kakkar S. 34 minutes later
syndet soap is a brand or kind of soap...can you specifically mention the brand available in market please??
Answered by Dr. Kakkar S. 6 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Syndet soap

Detailed Answer:
Hi.

Syndet Bar is a kind of soap. I already mentioned the brands in my previous reply - either Zyndet bar Or Moisturex bar can be used.