Suggest treatment for constant headaches
Some tests are advised.
I read your question carefully and I understand your concern.
Headache can have many different causes those symptoms alone do not allow for a differentiation. Primary headaches like migraine are unlikely to start out of the blue at this age without a prior history of headaches. For that reason in any headache persisting over a month, even if there are no other signs some tests are advised.
First I would start with some routine blood tests for the possibility of anemia and also to screen for infections or metabolic alterations. Blood pressure should be checked as well.
Afterwards I would consider having brain imaging for the possibility of brain lesions like tumors. I do not want you to panic, usually there are other signs, but as I said in a persisting new headache it is a possibility to be considered.
One possibility for pain behind the eyes may be that of sinusitis. It would be likely in case there is also nasal congestion and discharge. Head imaging apart from viewing the brain would get a picture of the sinuses as well.
In the meantime if Panadol doesn’t help with the pain Ibuprofen may be used instead. It doesn’t typically cause constipation, so shouldn’t be an issue and is more effective.
I remain at your disposal for other
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Suggest treatment for ibs and with headaches
- Suggest treatment for sleeplessness and headaches
- Suggest treatment for headaches
- Suggest treatment for cluster headaches
- Suggest treatment for alopecia and headaches
- Suggest treatment for terrible headache
- Treatment and cure for constant headache
- What are the suggested treatment for headache
- Suggest treatment for severe headache
- Suggest me treatment for constant headache