Suggest treatment for blocked nasal passage

Dr. Muhammad Sareer Khalil

Posted on Wed, 31 Aug 2016 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Question: Good morning Doc, I'm XXXXXXX it's hard to swallow most of the day. It feels like I have somthing blocking my nasal passage and the back of my throat, I have sinus issues
Answered by Dr. Muhammad Sareer Khalil 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Explained

Detailed Answer:
Hello and Welcome

I appreciate your concern

Based on your history, its likely to be related to sinusitis which can be acute or chronic depending upon the duration. Decongestants such as pseudoephedrine should be added to the cetirizine. Steam inhalation and nasal mometasone furoate will help clear the mucus. Antibiotics like Levofloxacin 500 mg Once Daily can be advised for 2 to 3 weeks depending upon the response, but you need to obtain prescription from your local physician for this.

Wishing you best of health

Thanks

Let me know if you have any query

Please consult your doctor before deciding on any further course of action.

For future follow up / correspondence you may ask me directly at the link given below

http://doctor.healthcaremagic.com/Funnel?page=askDoctorDirectly&docId=68107

Dr. M.S. Khalil