Suggest treatment for atherosclerosis

Posted on Fri, 24 Jun 2016 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Question: What is best way to take care of two back to back blocked blood vessels in the LD artery! I dread the blood thinners! I also have degenerated spinal cord and atherosclerosis. I am a 71 year old with MS ! Blood pressure slight high on metroprolol and Ranexa. Runsabout 140/80. Weight 170. Active but limited with legs for the MS. One blockage is 80 percent blocked and one about 70percent! Is a stent a bandaud or would I bad best to do the keyhole surgery and get this fixed with taking care of these arteries?
Answered by Dr. Ilir Sharka 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
I would recommend as follows:

Detailed Answer:
Hello!

Welcome and thank you for asking on HCM!

I carefully passed through your question and would explain that in this clinical situation percutaneous angioplasty with stent implantation is the more feasible way to properly deal with your coronary problems.

I recommend discussing with your doctor on the above treatment option.

I would also recommend a healthy diet (Mediterranean diet) and fresh vegetables and fruits.

It would be also advisable to control your blood lipid profile periodically, in order to avoid possible dyslipidemia.

Hope you will find this answer helpful!

Kind regards,

Dr. Iliri
Dr. Ilir Sharka

Cardiologist