Does Metroprolol interact with Amlodipine?

Dr. Salah Saad Shoman

Posted on Sat, 23 Sep 2017 in Medicines and Side Effects
Question: I take 3 blood pressure meds. Amlopidine, metroprolol and one I cannot remember. I bought Garcinia cambogia with calcium and potassium in it. Is it safe to take the supplement? My blood pressure is controlled at: 130/77
Thanks, XXXXXXX
Answered by Dr. Salah Saad Shoman 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Moderate interference

Detailed Answer:
Dear Ma'am, I have gone through your question and I understand your concerns but calcium containing products interfere with the action and decrease the effect of anti-hypertensive medications , so it is advised to separate the administration of calcium contains supplements and anti-hypertensive medications by at least two hours.. it is also advised to monitor your blood pressure daily while taking the supplement to determine if your dosage of Amlodipine and metoprolol will need an adjustement.. i hope I answered your question
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T