Suggest remedy for facial paralysis with fatigue caused by shingles

Dr. Neeraj Kumar

Neurologist

Posted on Mon, 4 Jan 2016 in Brain and Spine
Question: I had XXXXXXX Hunt 2.5 years ago so Shingles in my ear followed by facial paralysis then came the fatigue. Although my face has re-aligned I have still been feeling abnormal on my right side although I appear to look perfect. My Neuroligist tells me today I have 2 cysts probably at birth. From the MRI it looked between the brain and skull. He did not explain that. He said to go back in 3 months & see him and do another MRI. I have terrible memory, my focus not as sharp or retaining information is a day to day challenge for me. I find it hard with comprehension - everyday battle of my life! I still have tearing of the eye, slurred speech and lazy eye when tired. Do I need to be concerned with the cysts I have?
Answered by Dr. Neeraj Kumar 41 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Provide Mri images or report

Detailed Answer:
Hello xxxxxxxx,
I have gone through your question and understand your concerns. The following are my comments:

1. You need to provide report or images of MRI to comment upon nature of cyst.

2. XXXXXXX hunt syndrome associated facial palsy is severe and require regular physiotherapy.

3. For abnormal sensation you can take gabapentin, amitryptiline, pregabalin or Topiramate.

4. Low iron with anemia leads to fatigue and needs iron supplementation.

I would like to review all reports before discussing further.

Hope you found the answer helpful.
Do get back to me for further queries.
Dr Neeraj Kumar
Neurologist
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad