• question-icon

    Suggest treatment for recurring Bell's palsy

Posted on Mon, 24 Jul 2017 in Brain and Spine
Question: I am looking for a Dr. who specializes in recurring bells palsy, at XXXXXXX Wood XXXXXXX Medical Center in New Brunswick NJ, do you have any recomendations?
Answered by Dr. Dariush Saghafi 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
I was actually born at that hospital when it was called MIDDLESEX MEMORIAL

Detailed Answer:
Good afternoon. That may be the closest you can get on this network to finding a doctor from that particular hospital as the physicians on this channel are from all over the world so that chance of finding someone who actually WORKS there is going to be slim.....but look....you found one born there....so go figure!

Unfortunately, I do not know or know of specialty physicians at the Center but take a look at the following. You may be able to narrow things down. BTW, you won't so much be looking for a doctor subspecializing in RECURRENT Bell's Palsy.....a general neurologist will do.

I did a search and came up the following information that you may use:

The phone number to the XXXXXXX Wood XXXXXXX University Hospital is:
1-888-MD-RWJUH or 1-888-637-9584

If you go to the following website:

You will find the comprehensive list of neurologists who are between both the Somerset as well as New Brunswick (where I was born many decades past). Each physician has information as to their subspecialty within Neurology or if they are simply a General Neurologist. You may find someone who actually specializes in Facial Paralysis or Neurological Infectious Disease (which Bell's Palsy is considered potentially a viral illness that attacks the 7th Cranial nerve).

You will also find the phone number and address of that physician in terms of whether they simply practice at the Medical Center or if they have an out of hospital office, etc.

If I've provided useful and helpful information to your questions and satisfaction could you do me a huge favor by CLOSING THE QUERY and be sure to include some fine words of feedback along with a 5 STAR rating? Again, many thanks for submitting your inquiry and please let me know how things turn out.

Do not forget to contact me in the future at: www.bit.ly/drdariushsaghafi for additional questions, comments, or concerns having to do with this topic or others.

This query has utilized a total of 60 minutes of professional time in research, review, and synthesis for the purpose of formulating a return statement.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar
Answered by
Dr. Dariush Saghafi


Practicing since :1988

Answered : 2474 Questions


The User accepted the expert's answer

Share on

Recent questions on  Facial paralysis

doctor1 MD

My BP is 180/40. I am 70 now. 2 days before I suffered a facial paralysis of my left lower jaw and my BP was then 200/90. It seems that I am now...

doctor1 MD

i have brain tumour operation done 1 year ago . post operation i have facial paralysis and right hand and leg paralysis. at the same time i am...

doctor1 MD

I am XXXXXXX 21 year old male and off late I have been experiencing severe pain in my troath area and unable to eat/talk much and also a very dizzy...

doctor1 MD

Signs of a possible stroke

doctor1 MD

Hi. My 17 year old son was diagnosed with MS. He woke up one morning with Bells Palsy like facial paralysis....and his eye was not abducting...

doctor1 MD

I have type 2 neurofibromatosis, I have had surgery to remove most of the tumors, now I have 3 large fibromas left in my jaw/cheek. I thought...

Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties

199 Doctors Online

By proceeding, I accept the Terms and Conditions

HCM Blog Instant Access to Doctors
HCM Blog Questions Answered
HCM Blog Satisfaction
Questions Answered By Dr. Dariush Saghafi
  • Q - Suggest treatment for numbness in my left hand’s fingers

  • Q - Suggest treatment for numbness in the fingers

  • Q - Suggest treatment for pain and stiffness in the neck

  • Q - Suggest treatment for severe throat pain

  • Q - What does this MRI report indicate?

  • Q - Can an epileptic person take Vistaril?

  • Q - Suggest remedies for dizziness after electroconvulsive therapy treatment

  • Q - Suggest remedies for intolerance to Trazodone

  • Q - Suggest treatment for nausea, weakness and low BP

  • Q - What causes high BP and pulsating sensation in the throat and abdomen?