• question-icon

Suggest treatment for recurring Bell's palsy

Posted on Mon, 24 Jul 2017 in Brain and Spine
Question: I am looking for a Dr. who specializes in recurring bells palsy, at XXXXXXX Wood XXXXXXX Medical Center in New Brunswick NJ, do you have any recomendations?
Answered by Dr. Dariush Saghafi 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
I was actually born at that hospital when it was called MIDDLESEX MEMORIAL

Detailed Answer:
Good afternoon. That may be the closest you can get on this network to finding a doctor from that particular hospital as the physicians on this channel are from all over the world so that chance of finding someone who actually WORKS there is going to be slim.....but look....you found one born there....so go figure!

Unfortunately, I do not know or know of specialty physicians at the Center but take a look at the following. You may be able to narrow things down. BTW, you won't so much be looking for a doctor subspecializing in RECURRENT Bell's Palsy.....a general neurologist will do.

I did a search and came up the following information that you may use:

The phone number to the XXXXXXX Wood XXXXXXX University Hospital is:
1-888-MD-RWJUH or 1-888-637-9584

If you go to the following website:
http://www.rwjuh.edu/rwjuh/findaphysician.aspx

You will find the comprehensive list of neurologists who are between both the Somerset as well as New Brunswick (where I was born many decades past). Each physician has information as to their subspecialty within Neurology or if they are simply a General Neurologist. You may find someone who actually specializes in Facial Paralysis or Neurological Infectious Disease (which Bell's Palsy is considered potentially a viral illness that attacks the 7th Cranial nerve).

You will also find the phone number and address of that physician in terms of whether they simply practice at the Medical Center or if they have an out of hospital office, etc.

If I've provided useful and helpful information to your questions and satisfaction could you do me a huge favor by CLOSING THE QUERY and be sure to include some fine words of feedback along with a 5 STAR rating? Again, many thanks for submitting your inquiry and please let me know how things turn out.

Do not forget to contact me in the future at: www.bit.ly/drdariushsaghafi for additional questions, comments, or concerns having to do with this topic or others.

This query has utilized a total of 60 minutes of professional time in research, review, and synthesis for the purpose of formulating a return statement.
Dr. Dariush Saghafi

Neurologist