Suggest remedies for a ruptured bartholin cyst
Hello Mam, thanks for trusting health care magic.
According to your description it seems like a Bartholin cyst which has ruptured.
So you need a higher antibiotic like amoxicillin and clavulinic acid combination 625 mg three times a day for at least 5 days.
But definitely visit a gynaecologist as soon as possible and till then keep the area clean and dry.
Wear a cotton based underwear and maintain local hygiene.
What about the burn and the swelling? Could that be because of the savlon? I want to know because then i will use some other antibacterial on the sore. Any recommendations?
Also I dont have amoxycilin on me so I have started on bactrim ds (trimethoprim 160 mg and sulphamethoxazole 800 mg). Later tomorrow I should be able to get amoxycilin. Should I switch to amoxycilin tomorrow or should I finish the bactrim course? I should be able to see a gynae in 2-3 days.
Switch to amoxicillin tomorrow
This swelling is because of rupture of abscess most likely and not savlon but still use Savlon to clean the area and then apply simple dressing without soaking in savlon and rather apply mupriocin or silverex ointment on the open wound.
Take Bactrim till tomorrow morning and then shift to thrice a day dose of amoxicillin which is more effective and early resolution of pus and bacteria.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Natural remedies for bartholin cysts
- Ayurvedic remedies for bartholin cyst
- How to induce bartholin cyst rupture
- Bartholin cyst rupture blood
- Natural garlic remedies for bartholin cyst
- Bartholin cyst rupture lots of blood
- Bartholin cyst ointment to help rupture
- Bartholin cyst rupture bleeding
- Home remedy for bartholin cyst onion
- Bartholin cyst homoeopathic remedies
- How to get pregnant in old age?
- Does taking I-pill affect future pregnancy?
- Suggest home remedies for anemia
- Do I need to use contraceptives after a tubectomy?
- What does these ultrasound of cervix indicate?
- What is a complex ovarian cyst?
- Suggest treatment for swelling in clitoris due to an UTI
- Suggest treatment for anxiety and severe depression
- Does non-penetrative sex lead to pregnancy?
- What do small cluster of yellow spots near the vagina indicate?