Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
149 Doctors are Online

Suffering from mild chest pain. Blood test showed less vitamin B12 and D. What should I do?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General Surgeon
Practicing since : 2002
Answered : 3190 Questions
I m 32 yr old suffering from mild pain in left side chest from 6 months. Smtime it goes to back too. I smoke 3 cigrettes daily. I hv consulted cardiologist n hv done sm invstigtions like bp ecg echo tmt at starting.all r normal. Bt pain is still there. Doc told me that i hv less vitamin b12 & vitamin d after blood test. Bt i m confused that wat it cud be.
Posted Wed, 27 Nov 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Deepak Kishore Kaltari 3 hours later
Brief Answer: Could be related to smoking and GERD Detailed Answer: Namaste Welcome to Healthcare-Magic Greetings of the day Dear Mr XXXXXXX XXXXXXX It's good to know that your Cardiac reports are normal, it rules out Ischaemic Heart Disease and cause of your symptoms. Vitamin B 12 and Vitamin D deficiency are coincidentally detected abnormality. They by themselves do not explain the Symptoms of your left side chest pain. Ischemic heart disease has been ruled out as the cause of your chest pain substantiated by normal ECG, tmt and Echocardiography. I would consider the possibility Oesophageal spasm and Gastro-oesophageal reflux (GERD) as the cause of your symptoms especially if your pain has no relation with exertion or physical activity and if there is associated retro sternal burning pain. I hope your doctor has ruled out musculoskeletal pain as cause of pain by thorough clinical examination. I suggest you to completely restrain yourself from smoking as it will definitely aggravate your pain. Taking a combination of Pantoprozole and Domperidone for a week may bring significant improvement. I hope I have cleared your doubts. In case you have any other query Kindly get back to me. Regards Dr Deepak Kishore Consultant Surgeon
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Lab Tests

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Orthopaedic Surgeon

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor