Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
162 Doctors are Online

Rashes and acne on face, lumps under armpit, severe stomach cramps. Was on gluten free diet

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2010
Answered : 1115 Questions
hello I would really appreciate some help with a problem I've had for many years. Basically i have a whole bunch of problems that stops me from doing pretty much anything. I'll list the symptoms i have:
puffiness of the face / Dark circles
rashes on my body and face (covered my whole face yesterday) acne looking rash. Always there but Is better sometimes than others.
fatigue and weak a lot of the time
distended stomach which makes me look pregnant, occasionally i will wake up with a flat stomach
foggy brain cant concentrate most of the time
never have energy, apart from on very rare occasions I get a surge of energy ( rarely)
I don't know if this is anything but i have a couple of lumps under my armpit about the size of a fingertip (Lymph nodes i think?)
sensitivity to light
flaky scalp
had a week of severe stomach cramps one week into gluten free diet, I had to sleep on ice packs. Then after i developed a sudden intolerance to banana
my hair feels like a bog brush, dead thick & coarse
my multitasking and short term memory are effected
my brain feels fried, completely burnt out

I have a clean diet(never have junk food) and i only drink water (3-4 liters a day) but it doesn't clear up my rash. So i thought i would give gluten free/dairy free to see if it would help,
I've tried for about 2weeks but i had gluten twice during that time because being on such a restricted diet is incredibly boring especially when I'm not 100% certain that's the cause.
I thought maybe it was adrenal fatigue, gluten intolerance or leaky gut. I also heard that masturbation could cause a hormonal imbalance so I'm wondering if i should hold off on that for a few weeks?

All i know for certain is something is going wrong in my body and its showing itself clearly through my skin.
I do not drink or smoke.
Id just like to add I've had a extremely stressful/depressive time the past 5 years and these symptoms really add to it all, I've heard that lots of stress can causes lots of problems in the body
but I don't know if its that or not.
Posted Sat, 2 Nov 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Manjeth Kumar G 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Suspect Hypothroidism. Do check TSH level.

Detailed Answer:
Welcome to XXXXXXX

Thanks for your detailed query.
I have gone through your query and understand your concern.

It seems all the symptoms are due to Hypothyroidism to me.

It is a treatable condition.

Simple blood test is enough to detect hypothyroidism. Do Thyroid profile test and thyroid scan.
Please check TSH level ( Thyroid stimulating hormone level in blood).

If it is very high, then you have Hypothyroidism.
This can be treated by substituting the thyroxine orally.
Depends upon the TSH level and response, the dose of thyroxine may vary.

Masturbation does not cause any hormonal imbalance. Even it is not harmful to health.

If you are having gluten intolerance, it is better to take gluten free diet.
Please do gluten sensitivity test to confirm this.

Nodes in the armpit may be due to local infection in arm pit. it can treated with antibiotics. if not resolved, biopsy examination may be necessary.

Please check TSH level in blood and review with an endocrinologist.

Hope this helps.
Please reply for further queries.
Wishing you good health.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Rashes and acne on face, lumps under armpit, severe stomach cramps. Was on gluten free diet 1 hour later
Hello thank you for your response.

I have a doctors appointment on Tuesday so I will ask for a gluten sensitivity test and for my TSH levels to be checked. Hopefully this is the answer to my years of problems! Should I keep this chat open until Tuesday to let you know how I get on?

Thank you very much again for your help Manjeth
Answered by Dr. Manjeth Kumar G 9 hours later
Brief Answer:
Yes. please reply with reports.

Detailed Answer:

Yes. You can get me through this chat or putting a direct query to me in our WWW.WWWW.WW

Please reply with reports.

Wishing you good health.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Dermatologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor