What causes a spreading red rash on the arm after insect bites?
Last night after visiting a friends house I was bitten by mosquitos and also some sort of insect/possibly spider as well? The mosquito bites all looked and felt the same mainly just an itch but I got some sort of insect bite on my arm and leg and after it happened the bite had a tiny white lump which really stung and still stings now but this morning it has now turned into a small red dot which I have attached an image of. Last night it had a massive red rash around it that kept spreading around my arm but it has now since gone. I also got a bite on my leg too which I have both attached images of in their current state my question is is this something I should get checked by a doctor and what are the chances of getting some sort of disease from this is it worth getting checked what are symptoms I should be watching out for? I am from Western Australia as well.
Is there anything I can do for the stinging on my left arm, even though the rash is gone it still seems to sting and my arms feel sore.
Cortisone cream, antihistaminic,
Thanks for being at Healthcaremagic
I have gone through your complaints and reviewed the attached photographs.
These are insect bite reactions. There is nothing to worry about.
There are almost no chances of you getting some specific disease from it.
If you develop fever, pain and swelling of affected limb or an urticarial rash then you should consult a doctor.
Meanwhile if I was your treating doctor I would recommend you to apply topical steroid like cortisone cream on the affected areas twice daily and take antihistaminic like tablet Chlorpheniramine maleate 4 mg twice daily for 5 -7 days.
If the stinging in your arm is severe you might require a short course of oral steroids like tablet prednisolone 20 mg once daily for 3-5 days.
Oral steroids are prescription drugs and you need to see the doctor in person to get them.
- Nutrition Care Gut Relief one teaspoon half an hour before breakfast and just before bed
- Brom Enzymes then Enbiotic with meals
- HCL Caps with meals
- Olive Leaf twice daily with meals
- Pau D'Arco twice daily with meals
- Iron Sustain with lunch
Don't think these medicines should have any adverse effect on liver
I don't think these medicines should have any adverse effect on the liver or any other systems.
These seem to be herbal medicines which are generally safe.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Insect bites that cause swelling
- Insect bite hypersensitivity causes
- Arm numbness 5 days after insect bite
- What insect bites cause big round rashes
- Numb arm after insect bite
- Insect bite that causes bruising
- Insect bite dermatitis causes
- Aching arms and legs after insect bite
- Insect bites causing blindness
- Insect bite causing swelling spreading down leg
- What are the symptoms of scabies?
- Suggest treatment for superficial folliculitis on inner thigh
- Suggest treatment for graying of hair and hair loss
- What causes red colored lesion on the hips?
- Suggest treatment for dry lips
- Suggest treatment for recurrent acne
- Suggest treatment for itching in the armpits
- What causes tiny skin tags in neck area?
- How to get rid of body lice?
- Suggest treatment for itching on neck, hands and legs