Recurring sharp stomach pains, suicide attempt in the past with midols, motion sickness tablets. Possible liver damage?

Hi. I Overdosed on pills a year and a half ago, attempted suicide . I took like 9 pills. There were 6 midols, and 3 motion sickness tablets. Often I get sharp pains in my stomach , and I read the overdose warning on the midol bottle, it said it causes liver damage. Do you think I damaged my liver or might it be something else?
Thu, 20 Sep 2012
Hi Asma,

It has been a year and half now that you attempted the suicide. A onetime overdose of the midols and motion sickness tablet can cause an acute liver injury, not a chronic one.

I do not think you have damaged your liver. To be sure of this, you may get your liver function test or LFT done.

The sharps pains in your stomach may be due to gastritis. Consider taking antacids for some time and look for improvement in your symptoms.

I wish you good health.